Trump to meet Netanyahu at the White House amid the increase in Israel’s attack in Gaza, definitions

Photo of author

By [email protected]


President Trump will meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House on Monday, and many people familiar with the meeting of CBS News confirmed on Saturday.

Leaders are expected to focus on the latest Israeli military operations in Gaza and the new US definitions announced by Mr. Trump against Israel and other countries, according to Associated Press.

This will be their second meeting for the second chapter of Mr. Trump. The two met another in Washington, DC, in FebruaryWhen Mr. Trump He unveiled his plan In order for the United States to take over “Gaza” and turn it into “Riviera in the Middle East”.

Donald Trump - A joint press conference between Benjamin Netanyahu in Washington, DC

President Trump (PBUH) and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (L) held a joint press conference in the Eastern Chamber of the White House on February 04, 2025.

Kyle Mazza/Anadolu via Getty Images


The meeting comes by the two leaders amid an attack that rose in Gaza said that the Israeli army aims to pressure Hamas to launch the remaining hostages, and eventually expelled the armed group.

Israel announces new corridors

Meanwhile, Israel says it has deployed forces in a new security corridor throughout southern Gaza. Netanyahu announced the new Mourge Corridor on Saturday and suggested that it would cut the southern city of Rafiha, which asked Israel from the rest of Gaza.

A military statement said on Saturday that the forces were deployed with the thirty -sixth division in the corridor. It was not immediately clear how many who were published or exactly where the corridor was. Mouraj is the name of a Jewish settlement that once stood between Rafah and Khan Yunis, and Netanyahu suggested that it would continue between cities.

The maps published by the Israeli media showed that the new corridor runs the width of the narrow coastal strip from east to west.

Netanyahu said it will be a “second corridor Philadelphi”, in reference to Gaza from the border with Egypt in the south, which has been under Israeli control since last May.

Israel also reaffirmed the control of the Netzarim Corridor, which cuts the northern third of Gaza, including Gaza City, from the rest of the tape. Philadelphi and Netzarim corridors are interested in the Israeli border to the Mediterranean Sea.

Hamas says that the situation is “very dangerous” for the hostages

Hamas, which was long appointed a terrorist organization by Israel and the United States even before the brutal attack was carried out on October 7, 2023 on Israel that ignited The war in GazaHe said on Friday that Israel’s continued attack in Gaza was a “very dangerous” situation for the hostages who were still being held there. She warned that half of the living prisoners were in the areas where the Israeli army requested evacuation operations.

“Half of the living Israeli (the hostages) are located in the areas where the Israeli occupation army was evacuated in recent days,” Abu Obida, a spokesman for the Hamas wing, said in a statement. “We decided not to transfer these (hostages) … but (this situation) is very dangerous to their lives.”

Hamas says it will issue only 59 hostages – 24 of them alive – in exchange for launching more Palestinian prisoners, a permanent ceasefire and Israeli clouds from Gaza. The group rejected the demands that it put its arms or leave the region.

Israel has released the sweeping evacuation orders of parts of Northern Gaza before the expected expansions of its terrestrial operations. The United Nations Humanitarian Office said that about 280,000 Palestinians have been displaced since Israel suddenly ended the ceasefire with Hamas last month, in which the United States, Egypt and Qatar mediated.

To pressure Hamas, Israel imposed Siege On food, fuel and humanitarian aid that left civilians facing a severe shortage with a decrease in supplies – a tactic says rights groups is a war crime. Israel said earlier this week that a sufficient amount of food entered Gaza during a six -week truce to keep nearly two million Palestinians in the region for a long time.

The war began when gunmen led by Hamas, southern Israel, attacked on October 7, 2023, killing about 1,200 people, most of them civilians, and took 251 hostages, most of whom have been released since the ceasefire agreements and other deals. Israel saved eight live hostages and regained dozens of bodies.

More than 50,000 Palestinians were killed in Gaza as part of the Israeli attack, according to the Ministry of Health in Gaza, which does not say whether these dead were civilians or fighters. The ministry says that more than half of the dead were women and children. Israel says it has killed about 20,000 fighters, without providing evidence.

He contributed to this report.



https://assets2.cbsnewsstatic.com/hub/i/r/2025/04/05/ee7c6cce-5c7d-4c46-b872-f34b12c53cc5/thumbnail/1200×630/f33db7625eaa725a39f0d66d5f705aff/gettyimages-2197147597.jpg?v=7613930c2bdb7d1bf55be910a9b022f2

Source link

Leave a Comment