The main parts of the social security site have proven that it cannot be accessed during the past week, and the agency now says it is achieving the cause of service disorders. The problems come long after the agency forced the retirees to seek help exclusively on the Internet, as it tries to reduce the size of its phone operations.
Last week, Washington Post I mentioned that The agency’s website was shattered “four times in 10 days this month because the servers were loaded, as they prevented millions of retirees and Americans with disabilities from logging in to their online accounts.” Now, the agency replied, claiming that this is not the case.
“There were some modern incidents that affect” my social guarantee “and we are actively investigating the root cause.” I told Associated Press. Tiggemann claimed that the site is still working during accidents, but “some people may have faced a problem in logging in to their personal” “.”
The reported problems occurred after a long time after the agency encouraged retirees to communicate for help on the Internet and Declare Verify the identity based on the phone. After a violent reaction, the agency Partially Change the declared policy of those retired people who are applying for social security deficit insurance, medical care, or complementary security income. However, the plan appears to be greatly reduced from the agency’s phone services, which may have a significant impact on Americans’ access to the advantages. Newsweek I mentioned recently The people who will be seriously injured by the changes are Trump’s voters.
The agency has been on a defense in recent weeks, such as A continuous violent reaction To the declared policy changes (and the sharing of DJ Illon Musk in those changes), the flow of confusion and anger. Critics believe that Dog may be intentional Try to sabotage the agency Try to justify its closure. At the same time, Musk continued to publicly underestimate social security, The spread of lies About the amount of fraud that affects the program. In a political event in Wisconsin this week (where there are billionaire Try to buy the Supreme Court electionsMousse claimed: “One of the interesting statistics is that 40 percent of calls to social security were fraudulent, which means that someone tries to get a batch of social security that was going to senior instead to go to a fraud”, which is a claim that the New York Times is that the New York Times is Note It has no basis in reality and it may actually be a misunderstanding (or purposeful deviation) for a different count.
SSA Recently disputed The news will be The final field offices throughout the countryDespite the fact that Duji has publicly included dozens of SSA field offices on a web site for Federal Rent. Recent reports in the media that the Social Security Administration (SSA) permanently closes the local field offices False. Since January 1, 2025, the agency has not closed or announced the permanent closure of any local field office, “The agency said last week:” From time to time, SSA must temporarily close the local field office for reasons such as weather, damage or facilities, and reopen when problems are solved, “it continued.”
The closure announced by the White Plinz office In fact, a big dealSince it is one of the largest in New York, and it is the only one in Witschest County (with a population of about one million people). “SSA has been identified in the field of not used public services management to ensure that the government spends taxpayers money as much wisdom. The agency has provided a list of sites for ends,” the statement continues, and it seems that it admits this – He is Planning to close many SSA offices. “Most of these small hearing rooms with no dedicated employees. Since most of the listening sessions are almost held, SSA no longer needs these unexploited rooms.”
Social Security activists said that the changes that were created are under the surveillance of Doj It will lead to deathsFormer Federal officials strongly criticized the new approach to the government towards the program, which is approximately 100 years old. Former commissioner of the agency, Martin Omali, He claimed this Changes established may lead to large -scale service disturbances As soon as June.
https://gizmodo.com/app/uploads/2025/04/A-picture-of-Elon-Musk.jpg
Source link