The number of Deanmar’s earthquake exceeds 2700, but there are still survivors – patriots

Photo of author

By [email protected]


Rescue workers saved a 63 -year -old woman from the ruins of a building in Myanmar The capital on Tuesday, but hope was fading from finding a lot Survivors of the violent earthquake This has killed more than 2,700 people, which doubles a humanitarian crisis resulting from a civil war.

The NayPyitaw Fire Department said that the woman was successfully withdrawn from the rubble 91 hours after burial when the building collapsed in an earthquake of 7.7 degrees that reached mid -Friday. Experts say that the possibility of finding survivors decreases dramatically after 72 hours.

You expect the number of deaths to increase

The Prime Minister of Myanmar, the chief of Gen. Min Aung Hinging, told a relief donation forum in Naybito that 2719 dead people were now found, with 4,521 others injured and 441 missing, according to MRTV in Myanmar.

The story continues below the advertisement

He said that the earthquake on Friday was the second strongest in the history of the country registered after the 8th earthquake of Mandalay earthquake in May 1912.

It is widely expected to rise the personalities of the injured. The earthquake struck a wide range of the country, leaving many areas without phone connections, phone, cells, roads, and harmful bridges, which makes the complete destruction to evaluate it.


Click to play the video:


The number of deaths rises to more than 1,600 in the Myanmar earthquake


Most reports came so far from Mandalay, the second largest city in Myanmar, which was near the earthquake center, and NayPyitaw, the capital.

“The needs are enormous, and they rise in the hour,” said Julia Reese, UNICEF’s representative in Myanmar.

The Myanmar Fire Department said 403 people have been rescued in Mandalay and 259 bodies have been found so far. In one incident, 50 Buddhist monks who were conducting a religious examination were killed in a monastery when the building collapsed, and it is believed that 150 others were buried in the rubble.

The story continues below the advertisement

Widespread

The World Health Organization said it is known that more than 10,000 buildings in general have collapsed or severely damaged.

The earthquake also shook the neighboring Thailand, causing a tall building to be collapsed and buried many workers.

Two bodies of the rubble were pulled on Monday and another was recovered on Tuesday, but dozens are still missing. In general, there were 21 people who were killed and 34 in Bangkok, primarily at the construction site.

As for the news that affects Canada and around the world, he participated in the urgent news alerts that were delivered directly when it occurs.

Get national news

As for the news that affects Canada and around the world, he participated in the urgent news alerts that were delivered directly when it occurs.

In Myanmar, search and rescue efforts were stopped across the affected area for a short time in the middle of the day on Tuesday, when people stood for a minute in a silent honor on the dead.

Relief efforts are moving at a slow pace

External relief workers have slowly arrived to help rescue efforts, but progress is backward due to the lack of heavy machinery in many places.

The story continues below the advertisement

On a site in NayPyitaw on Tuesday, workers formed a human chain, passing by pieces of bricks and concrete hand in hand from the ruins of the collapsed building.

The new international newspaper “Noor New Globete” reported on Tuesday that a team of Chinese rescuers saved four people the previous day from the ruins of a residential complex. Among them is a 5 -year -old woman and a pregnant woman who was trapped for more than 60 hours.

He also stated that two teenagers were able to crawl from the ruins of the building itself using its wrong mobile lamps to help direct them. The rescue workers then managed to use the details of what they told them to locate their grandmother and brothers.


Click to play the video:


The Myanmar earthquake is killed more


International rescue teams are from several countries at the scene, including from Russia, China, India, the United Arab Emirates and many Southeast Asian countries.

The story continues below the advertisement

A small team from the US International Evaluation Agency for Disaster Evaluation arrived on Tuesday to determine the best way to respond to US resources limited due to reducing the foreign aid budget and dismantling the agency as an independent process.

A US official said that the three people had waited for visas before taking the trip from the neighboring Thailand after the weekend decision to provide $ 2 million in emergency assistance to Myanmar. The official spoke on the condition that his identity was not disclosed because the team’s arrival was not announced publicly.

Aid pledges flow with officials warning of the risk of disease

Meanwhile, many millions of countries have pledged to help help Myanmar organizations and humanitarian aid with the upcoming huge task.

Even before the earthquake, more than 3 million people were displaced from their homes by the civil war in Myanmar, and about 20 million are in need, according to the United Nations.

The story continues below the advertisement

Many had already lacked basic medical care and standard vaccines, warned the destruction of water and sanitation infrastructure by the earthquake and the movement of people to the crowded shelters of the risk of diseases, and the United Nations Office for Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs warned.

“Weakness in respiratory infections, skin diseases, and diseases transmitted by tankers such as dengue, and diseases that can be elaborate vaccines such as measles can escalate.”

The beginning of the seasonal wind season is also anxious

The shelter also represents a big problem, especially as the seasonal wind season flops.

Since the earthquake, many people have slept abroad, either because the houses were destroyed or fear of final tremors.

Civil war holds relief from disasters

In 2021, the Myanmar army seized power from the democratically elected government in Aung San Suu Ki, which sparked what turned into a major armed resistance and a brutal civil war.

The story continues below the advertisement

Government forces lost control of a large part of Myanmar, and many places were dangerous or impossible for relief groups even before the earthquake.

Military attacks and those from some anti -decade groups did not stop in the wake of the earthquake, although the government of the national unity of the opposition shadow described one -sided fire.

NG, which was established by elected lawmakers who were expelled in 2021, called for the international community to ensure that humanitarian aid is delivered directly to the earthquake victims, and urged “vigilance against any attempts by the Military Council to convert or obstruct humanitarian assistance,” saying that this may have “devastating consequences.”

The ceasefire plan for the armed wing of the sky, called the Popular Defense Force, will not have a major impact on the battlefield, but can attract more international condemnation of the ongoing operations by the army, including the air attacks reported by independent media.

The second armed opposition group, a coalition of three armies of the strong ethnic minority guerrillas called the Muslim Brotherhood’s alliance, announced on Tuesday that it would also implement the ceasefire for one month.


Click to play the video:


At least 8 people were killed after 7.7 rock earthquake, Thailand


However, Mina Ong Hinging seemed to refuse to carry out the ceasefire, saying in his speech on Tuesday that the army would continue to take necessary defensive measures against some ethnic armed groups that have not currently been carried out combat operations, but he was running military training, which he said was up to hostile action.

The story continues below the advertisement

It was not immediately clear whether the army impedes humanitarian aid. In the past, it initially refused to allow foreign rescue teams or many emergency supplies after a nargis in 2008, which led to more than 100,000 deaths. Even once you allow external assistance, it was with severe restrictions.

However, in this case, Min Ong Hinging said on the day of the earthquake that the country would accept external assistance.

Tom Andrews, a monitoring of rights in Myanmar, commissioned by the unplanned Human Rights Council, said about X to facilitate aid, the military attacks must stop.

“The focus in Myanmar should be on saving lives, not taking them,” he said.

– The press correspondents associated with the granting of Beck and Jindamas Saxornshay in Bangkok, Matthew Lee in Washington and Jamey Kiten in Geneva, contributed to this story.






https://globalnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2025/04/myanmar-earthquake.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=720&h=379&crop=1

Source link

Leave a Comment