Deir Al -Bala, Gaza Strip – The Israeli air strikes killed at least 100 Palestinians across the Gaza Strip on Thursday, including 31 or more who had a school, according to the doctors in Jeep Hamas, in an upcoming attack that the Israeli army says it aims to pressure Hamas to freedom Hostage In the end, the armed group was expelled. A spokesman for the Ministry of Health, Zahr Al -Wahdi, said that the bodies of 14 children and five women were recovered from the school in the Tuwah neighborhood in Gaza City, and the death toll may rise due to some of the 70 crucial injuries.
The Civil Defense Salvation Agency in Gaza said on Friday that at least 31 people were killed in a strike at school, as others were injured. Al -Wahidi said in Al -Ahly Hospital that more than 30 other Gaza residents were killed in strikes in homes in the nearby Shijaya neighborhood, citing records in Al -Ahly Hospital.
The Israeli army said it struck a “command and control center in Hamas” in the Gaza City area, and that it had taken steps to reduce harm to civilians. Israel gave the same reason – hitting militants in Hamas at a “command and control center” – to attack the United Nations building used as a shelter one day before, killing at least 17 people.
Hamas, which was long appointed a terrorist organization by Israel and the United States even before the brutal attack was carried out on October 7, 2023 on Israel that ignited The war in GazaAnd he called on the school’s strike as a “heinous massacre” for innocent civilians.
Omar Force/AFP/Getty
Israel has long accused Hamas of hiding and around the civil infrastructure, but the Israeli Defense Forces did not provide any immediate evidence to support it that Hamas leaders were present at the Gaza School or the United Nations building that cut it this week.
The strikes came at a time when the Israeli army ordered more residents in parts of northern Gaza to evacuate the west and south of the shelters, warning that it intends to “work with extremist strength in your area.” A number of Palestinians fleeing from the targeted areas on foot, as some carry their luggage on their backs and others using donkeys.
“My wife and I were walking for three hours, covering only one kilometer.” “I am looking for shelters every hour now, not every day,” he said.
Israel has released the sweeping evacuation orders of parts of Northern Gaza before the expected expansions of its terrestrial operations. The United Nations Humanitarian Office said that about 280,000 Palestinians have been displaced since Israel suddenly ended the ceasefire with Hamas last month, in which the United States, Egypt and Qatar mediated.
The new evacuation orders came a day after senior government officials said It will take over large parts of the Palestinian territories And the creation of a new security passage through it. Israel imposed a month siege on food, fuel and humanitarian aid on Gaza, which left civilians facing a severe shortage with a decrease in supplies – a tactic that rights groups say is a war crime. Israel says it aims to pressure Hamas to release the hostages and disarm.
Hamas said that it will issue only 59 hostages – 24 of whom believe they are alive – in exchange for launching more Palestinian prisoners, a permanent ceasefire and an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza. The group rejected the demands that it put its arms or leave the region.
Hospital officials said on Thursday that the strikes overnight, Israel killed at least 55 people in the Gaza Strip.
Omar Force/AFP/Getty
In the southern city of Khan Yunis, officials said that the bodies of 14 people were transferred to Nasser Hospital – nine of them from the same family. The dead included five children and four women. Hospital officials said that the bodies of 19 other people, including five children between the ages of 1 and 7 and a pregnant woman, were transferred to the European Hospital near Khan Yunis. In Gaza City, 21 bodies were transferred to AHLI Hospital, including those in seven children.
Later in the day, the strikes killed four other people in Khan Yunis, according to Nasser Hospital, two other people were killed in central Gaza and transferred them to Luxor Hospital.
The attacks came at a time when the Israeli army promised an independent investigation of the March 23rd operation, where its forces Opening fire on ambulances in southern Gaza. UN officials say that 15 Palestinian paramedics and emergency respondents were killed, and their bodies and ambulances were buried by Israeli soldiers in a mass grave.
The army initially said that the ambulances were working suspiciously and that nine militants were killed. The army said that the investigation would be led by a fact -manufacturing fact expert “responsible for examining exceptional accidents” during the war. Rights groups say these Israeli investigations are often not present and that soldiers are rarely punished.
The head of the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, Younis Al -Khatib, said on Thursday that he believed that some paramedics are still alive when the Israeli forces exceeded them. The organization’s radio deposits listened to a conversation in the Hebrew language between the Israeli paramedics and the soldiers after ambulances were shot, according to Al -Khatib, the members of the United Nations Security Council.
Rayd Mansour, the United Nations Ambassador of the United Nations, told the United Nations Security Council that he handed over a video that he obtained, and is alleged to show moments that led to the Israeli killing of 15 humanitarian workers in Gaza.
Mansour said that the video shows that relief workers, including eight members of the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, were traveling in emergency vehicles with lights at night to ignite with the Israeli Defense Forces. But Mansour said that the video clip “on the body of a martyr” shows that the Israeli army was ambushed to the car despite the lights of the emergency.
The Israeli war in Gaza has killed more than 50,600 Palestinians, according to the Hamas -running Ministry of Health in Gaza, which does not say whether these dead were civilians or fighters, but they say that more than half of the dead were women and children. On Friday update, the ministry said that 1249 people have been killed in Gaza since March 18, when Israel resumed strikes, ending the ceasefire in the Palestinian territories.
The number of the death of the Israeli aggression increased to 50,609 martyrs
Israel says it has killed about 20,000 fighters, without providing evidence.
The war left most of Gaza in the rubble, and at its peak, about 90 % of the population were displaced.
The war began when Israel took revenge immediately for the Hamas -led terrorist attack on southern Israel on October 7, 2023, which killed about 1,200 people, most of them civilians, and saw 251 others returning a hostage in Gaza, most of whom have been released since the ceasefire agreements and other deals. Israel saved eight live hostages and regained dozens of bodies.
https://assets2.cbsnewsstatic.com/hub/i/r/2025/04/04/385bac84-3ac6-4f22-b29c-18da3e63f09b/thumbnail/1200×630/5f09c229830af2ec268eaf81c4a9783f/israel-gaza-school-strike-2207812634.jpg?v=7613930c2bdb7d1bf55be910a9b022f2
Source link