The hungry, is afraid of Darfur civilians fear the RSF attack, and the disk to help the army Sudan war news

Photo of author

By [email protected]


Civilians in the northern capital of Darfur in Sudan, the bridal, and the surrounding cities are starving.

The Rapid Semi -Military Support (RSF) imposed a siege on them for about a year, however they were able to prevent invasion thanks to the joint forces – a group of army -backed local armed factions.

Local and civilian journalists and civilian journalists say that trapped civilians are now begging for help, but some are afraid that the army will have a political will and the ability to save civilians, as local and civilian and civilian experts say.

Nearly 500,000 civilians in the Zamzam camp – the largest refugee camp in North Darfur – are already suffering from starvation, according to the United Nations Global Classification of Hunger, which is the classification of integrated food security (IPC).

The residents of Zamzam told Al -Jazeera that the army dropped some food aid from the warplanes earlier this week, but they said that the supplies would be imposed within a few days.

“All Sudanese military and security agencies must move towards (North Darfur) to ensure the flow of food, medicine and humanitarian supplies to besieged civilians,” said Mohamed Khamis Doda, a spokesman for Camp Zamzam.

“There must also be an immediate intervention of (humanitarian organizations),” he added.

Abandoning Darfur?

Most people in the camp, and in hatching, are stable agricultural societies, known as “non -Urban”, while most of the fighters who attack them come from the pastoral or pastoral “Arab” tribes on which RSF usually is based.

Since April 2023, RSF has been fighting the Sudan Army in a catastrophic civil war that has sparked the worst humanitarian crisis in the world through most measures.

RSF Four quickly out of five states of Darfur South, East, West and Central Darfur – in 2023. North Darfur was reservation.

The United Nations accuses the two sides of atrocities, but it says RSF systematically raped women and girls and “disappeared” thousands of civilians.

Many of these crimes were committed in Darfur, almost the RSF stronghold in France.

In April 2024, the capital, North Darfur, occupied the capital, after many local armed factions-part of the joint forces-to the army, despite its formation in the early first decade of the twentieth century in the rebellion against the marginalization of the central government for their tribes and areas.

since The army seized the capital, KhartoumIn March, experts and civilians from Darfur are concerned that it will neglect the area again by setting the priorities of its control over the central and northern Sudan.

“At the present time, I am not sure whether the army has the political will and resources to continue fighting (in Darfur),” said Johara Kano, an independent Sudan expert originally from North Darfur.

A loyal army fighter carries out on the market in Khartoum on March 24, 2025.
Nearly two years ago, Sudan was exposed through a war between the army and RSF, which killed tens of thousands, uprooting 12 million others and creating the worst humanitarian crises in the world (file: AFP)

Kano added that over the past two years, there have been an increasing number of personalities with large followers urging hate on social media against civilians in Darfur, and he blamed everyone from the region for RSF.

“They believe that RSF is from Darfur, so let’s give up Darfur,” Kano told Al -Jazeera.

“I am afraid that public opinion (in northern and central Sudan) will affect the decision of the army and its allies (fighting for Darfur).”

Random war

On March 24, the army fired four missiles in a crowded market in the village of Tora in North Darfur at sunset, when hundreds of people were gathering to break their fast during the holy month of Ramadan.

Local observers estimate that at least 350 people were killed.

“There were many civilians who were killed and wounded. Many of them were women and children,” said Adam Rogel, a spokesman for the displaced in Darfur. “There was no justification at all.”

Al -Jazeera sent a written investigation to the spokesman for the army, Nabil Abdullah, and asked me why the army hit the crowded market during breakfast. He was not mentioned at the time of publication.

A source watching the situation in Darfur, who asked not to be identified to protect colleagues from revenge, said the army’s air strikes are the only deterrent against RSF fighters.

Despite the attack on Tora, most civilians in North Darfur fear RSF more than the army’s air strikes.

They believe that the group will commit mass killings, rape and looting of the entire cities – As I did across Sudan -If it conquers the El Fasher and the surrounding villages.

However, the source warned that the army would not be able to accurately hit the RSF if the group infiltrates the densely populated areas in North Darfur, such as El Fasher and obligations.

“I think the strike (on Tora) indicated that even if RSF enters into hatching, the army will not retreat. What does that mean for civilians … well, I think we have an idea already,” the source said to the pirates.

A deal to surrender?

Local screens say that RSF has risen across North Darfur in recent weeks.

On April 1, the group killed at least seven people in the shelling in the Abu Shuk displacement camp, where about 190,000 people live.

Ten days ago, the town of Al -Mallah, north of jurisprudence, stormed the killing of at least 40 people, which led to the destruction of homes, looting and burning the market, which exacerbated hunger in the area.

A man stands beside a fire in the market for livestock in El Fasher, the capital of Northern Darfur State, Sudan
A man standing beside a fire roaming in a livestock market in the Kse, the capital of the northern state of Darfur, on September 1, 2023, following the shelling by the Military Rapid Support Forces (AP)

Local screens told Al Jazerara that capturing the miracle, which is located next to Libya, gives RSF another vital supply line while closing it on El Fasher.

On the other hand, they say that the joint forces cannot obtain new weapons or recruit new fighters due to the siege.

On Sunday, the leader of the joint forces, Mini Minoy, called for a “dialogue” during a speech on the occasion of Eid Al -Fitr, and it appears to be contradictory with a previous speech from the army commander, Abdul -Fath Al -Bouran, who promised the army to fight after the arrest of Khartoum.

Minoi’s words have paid speculation that the joint forces could seek a deal with RSF to evade bloodshed, as experts and local screens told Al -Jazeera.

However, civilians in the region fear that any deal will lead to ethnic cleansing of non -vehicles, said Muhammad Zakaria, the journalist in Al -Fashr.

He said: “The joint forces are the children of the people who live in this field. It is really difficult to imagine them surrender to RSF, because RSF can kill everyone (other than games) who remain here.”

(Non -Arab societies) view North Darfur as their land; it is impossible for them to leave.

“They will live or die here,” added.



https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/03/2025-03-06T162227Z_764305767_RC2EO09A3R8B_RTRMADP_3_SUDAN-EMIRATES-WORLD-COURT-1-1741891438.jpg?resize=1920%2C1440

Source link

Leave a Comment