The Gaza paramedic tells the deadly Israeli attack on ambulances, and is accusing the United Nations

Photo of author

By [email protected]


A Palestinian paramedic, who was present in an incident in which 15 of his colleagues in southern Gaza were killed last month that the Israeli forces were shot on the emergency vehicles, which he later seen stained with blood.

After several days of uncertainty about the location of the paramedics, the Red Crescent and the United Nations officials found the bodies of the 15 emergency workers buried in a mass grave in southern Gaza, accusing the Israeli forces of killing them. Another factor is still missing.

Montez Abed, a volunteer to the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, said he was responding to an invitation with two colleagues near Rafah, in the southern Gaza Strip, on March 23 when Israeli soldiers detained him shortly before opening fire on other emergency vehicles.

He said he was unable to see exactly what happened when the soldiers opened the fire. However, his novel is in line with assurances from the Palestinian Red Crescent and the United Nations that emergency workers are from the Red Cross, Red, the United Nations and the Palestinians, targeting the Israeli forces.

The Israeli army opened an investigation into the incident, which occurred by its account when the unique vehicles approached an Israeli situation in the dark without lights or special signs and without previous coordination-the factors that it said made the progress of the vehicles suspicious.

The display screen shows a video of emergency workers and vehicles on the road.
The Israeli army said that it opened an investigation into the incident, which occurred by its account when the unique vehicles approached an Israeli situation in the dark without lights or special signs and without previous coordination-the factors that it said had made the vehicles appear suspicious. (The Palestinian Red Crescent Society/Associated Press)

The army said that the soldiers who opened fire had killed a number of Muslim Hamas and Jihad, who were traveling in vehicles that were distinguished by the signs of the Palestinian Red Crescent Society.

The Red Crescent describes Abed as the “only survivor” of the accident, with the fate of the missing paramedic unclear.

Abed said that he and his colleagues have received a call to help people who were injured throughout the dawn after an air strike in the Hashin area in Rafah, near the border with Egypt.

“We moved immediately, and two other colleagues and I were. Once we got there, we were shot and detained,” he told Reuters on the phone from his home in Khan Yunis, referring to the shooting by Israeli soldiers.

The mourners gather around the body bags during an outdoor funeral.
The mourners gather around the bodies of eight emergency respondents from the Red Crescent who were killed by the Israeli army in his Rafah while they were transferred to their burial from a hospital in Deir Bala on March 31. (Abdul Karim Hana/Associated Press)

After the arrest of Abed, he said he lost his colleagues.

While he was standing near the soldiers, he said he saw other emergency vehicles approaching the position of the Israeli soldiers.

“I could see the civilian emergency vehicle. The soldiers began shooting at vehicles, and they fired heavily,” he said. “It was dark and could not see what happened to the people there, but they (the soldiers) fired heavily. They asked me to go bankrupt and were shooting heavily. I felt as if the bullets hit me personally.”

On Saturday, the Red Crescent released a video obtained from the mobile phone of a paramedic parade in the collective grave.

It was photographed from inside a mobile vehicle, and it appears that it shows a noticeable convoy of ambulances and a fire truck that drives at dawn with red lights flashing. After they stopped by a vehicle that deviated from the road, two rescue workers and another man can be seen before a shot of gunshots.

Reuters managed to verify the video site near the Tal Al -Sultan, west of the city of Rafah, in the governor of Rafah.

The sheikh is supported by people surrounded on their sides during a funeral procession.
Relatives of the paramedics who were killed by the Israeli forces in Rafah Haddad during a funeral procession for them in Khan Yunis on March 31. (Yad Baba/AFP/Getty Images)

In response to a request to comment on the video, the Israeli army said that the event on March 23 was subject to the comprehensive exam.

She said, “All claims, including documents that revolve around the accident, will be examined in a comprehensive and deep way to understand the sequence of events and address the situation.”

“Blood on Vehicles”

Just after dawn, Abed, who remained detained at the site that was initially detained, was able to obtain a clearer picture of what happened.

He said: “With the light of the first day, things become more clear, I saw civilian emergency vehicles and the Red Crescent, and the doors of all vehicles were open and there was blood on the vehicles.”

Abed said that he saw a bulldozer digging four holes in the sandy ground before crushing and buried vehicles.

“At that time I had no idea about the fate of my colleagues,” he said.

Abed said that he was detained by the Israeli forces for 15 hours, and during this period it was interrogated and beaten. He said he saw the relief worker who was still missing, which Israeli soldiers detained him.

“They asked me where I was on October 7, they were saying the Palestinians are terrorists, and that we are all terrorists. They asked many personal questions, too, about me and my family,” he said. “I felt about death.”

In the end, he said that the soldiers made some checks on him before they decided to release him.

Nabeul Farzakh, the spokesman for the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, confirmed that Abed was working in the organization as a volunteer and was on that day with the mission.

“He is the only survivor, the colleagues who were with him were killed. There is another colleague who is still missing.”

“He did not have the slightest idea at that moment whether his colleagues were martyred or wounded and preserved.”



https://i.cbc.ca/1.7503069.1743884701!/cpImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_1180/mideast-wars-medics-killed.jpg?im=Resize%3D620

Source link

Leave a Comment