The expansion of the Israeli forces, a “security zone” in northern Gaza, and the control of more lands

Photo of author

By [email protected]


On Friday, the army said, days after the government announced plans to seize large areas with an operation in the south, that the Israeli forces moved to an area in northern Gaza, and to control more lands around the edge of the pocket.

A statement said that the soldiers who are carrying out the operation in Shujaya, a suburb east of Gaza City in the north, were allowing civilians through organized roads, as the forces moved to expand the area set by Israel as a “security zone” in Gaza.

The photos circulated on social media showed an Israeli tank on Al Muntar Hill in Shuja’yya in a situation that gave it a clear scene on Gaza City and outside the coastal line. A local health official said in a text message that the bombing on the eastern side of Gaza was non -stop.

With the transfer of the Israeli forces, hundreds of residents had already left one day ago, carrying property or loading them on donkeys or vehicles, after the latest army in a series of evacuation warnings that now cover about a third of the Gaza tape, according to the United States.

Israel resumed its work in Gaza with a heavy series of air strikes on March 18 and sent its forces again after a two -month hiatus, as it was returned during 38 hostages compared to hundreds of Palestinian prisoners and detainees.

The efforts made to restart the negotiations, in which Egypt and Qatar mediated. “There are currently no contacts,” a Palestinian official told Reuters.

A boy walks over the rubble with wood on hand.
A young boy walks along the rubble on Friday at an Israeli air strike at the Dar Al -Qaq School one day ago. (Mahmoud Issa/Reuters)

Over the past two weeks, more than 280,000 people have been displaced in Gaza, according to the United Nations Humanitarian Agency, adding to the misery of families that have already been going down several times over the past 18 months.

The 40 -year -old Al -Rafi, who said that his family members were killed when the Gaza School Complex in Gaza City was struck that the Gaza School Complex in Gaza was killed in a deadly strike on Thursday: “I swear to God that I am staying in the street, and there is no shelter here.”

“My house was initially destroyed, and I stayed in a tent in a school, not a classroom, and now I don’t know where to go.”

In Gaza City, locals said that the Israeli strikes have struck the water desalination plant located east of the Tuffah neighborhood, which is vital to providing clean drinking water. Aid supplies were cut for weeks.

65 % of Gaza under “regions”

On the southern edge of Gaza, the Israeli forces were merged around the ruins of the city of Rafah, and Osha says that 65 percent of the pocket is now in the “non -tendency” areas, under the orders of active displacement or both.

Israel has not fully explained its long -term goal of the areas it is now seizing as a security zone, which extends a buffer zone located along the edge of the pocket hundreds of meters in the Gaza Strip.

Gaza residents say they believe that the goal is to permanently cut the land areas, including some of the other agricultural structure in Gaza and water.

Officials say the operations are in line with US President Donald Trump’s plans, who said in February wanted to transfer Gaza population to neighboring countries and turn the pocket to a resort on the waterfront under the control of the United States.

Israel says it will encourage Palestinians who wish to leave voluntarily.

On Friday, the health authorities in Gaza said that at least 35 Palestinians were killed, most of them in the southern regions of Gaza. Among the dead who killed 19 members of one family when he demolished a three -storey building, where they were staying.

A tank appears from the Israel-Gaza border.
An Israeli tank stands at a site inside Gaza, as it appears from the Israeli side of the Israeli border, Gaza on March 25. (Amir Cohen/Reuters)

The Israeli army said that its forces killed Muhammad Awad, the first commander in the Palestinian Armed Group, who said it was involved in the kidnapping of the hostages, including the Pepas family during the attack on Israel on October 7, 2023, and was probably involved in their killing.

Israel accuses Hamas of fighters hidden in civil buildings and says that it takes precautions to reduce losses, but hundreds of Palestinians have been killed since the resumption of the operation, according to local health authorities. The Israeli army says that more than 250 dead were armed militants, although it had not provided evidence.

Israel resumes strikes on Lebanon, Syria

The ministers said that the operation will continue until 59 hostages are returned in Gaza. Hamas says it will just liberate them under a deal that puts a permanent end of war.

On Friday, a group wing spokesman said that half of the hostages were held in the areas where people were asked to evacuate.

“If the enemy is concerned about the lives of these hostages, he must immediately negotiate or release them.”

With the collapse of a ceasefire agreement in January, the risk of a wider return to the war has increased with Israel’s goals in both Lebanon and Syria in recent days. On Friday, an air strike in the Lebanese city of Siton killed a senior Hamas worker.

The Israeli forces also participated in an extended operation in the occupied West Bank, where two Palestinians were killed on Friday.

The war began with the Hamas -led attack on Israeli societies on October 7, 2023, killing 1,200 people and seizing more than 250 hostages, according to the Israeli. Since then, Israel has reduced many Gaza to ruins and killed more than 50,000 Palestinians, according to the pocket health authorities.



https://i.cbc.ca/1.7502029.1743777306!/fileImage/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/16x9_1180/israel-palestinians-gaza.JPG?im=Resize%3D620

Source link

Leave a Comment