Marcus Rashford has responded to his Manchester derby downfall by admitting an Old Trafford exit could be looming.
Manchester United striker Marcus Rashford is ready for a new challenge as he remains linked with a move away from the Premier League club.
Sunday, United won over Manchester City 2-1But Rashford, along with Alejandro Garnacho, were ruled out of the trip to the Etihad, with new manager Ruben Amorim saying his decision was about keeping his players at high levels.
This led to media reports that United were looking to sell the England striker, who has been at United since he was seven, and the 27-year-old spoke about the subject while visiting his old school to hand out Christmas presents.
“For me personally, I think I’m ready for a new challenge and the next steps,” Rashford told football writer Henry Winter on Tuesday evening when asked whether he would stay or leave United.
“When I leave, I won’t have any negative feelings. You won’t have any negative comments from me about Manchester United. That’s who I am as a person.
“If I knew the situation was already bad I wouldn’t make it worse. I’ve seen how other players have left in the past and I don’t want to be that person. When I leave I will make a statement and it will be from me.”
“”
This is why Ruben Amorim left Marcus Rashford and Alejandro Garnacho off the pitch. #mufcToday’s match lineup.
No one has scored more goals in the Premier League for United this season than these two players. pic.twitter.com/OFlp5smctP
– Opta Analyst (@OptaAnalyst) December 15, 2024
Rashford has scored three goals since Amorim took over as coach of the team last month, but he was taken off in the 56th minute of the match in which the team won over Viktoria Plzeň 2-1 in the Europa League last week, as fans booed the striker as he left the field.
The player has yet to rediscover the form that saw him score 30 goals in all competitions in the 2022-23 season, but believes the best is yet to come.
“I’m in the middle of my career. I don’t expect my level to reach my peak now,” Rashford said.
“I’ve spent nine years now in the Premier League and that has taught me a lot. It has helped me grow as a player and as a person.
“So I have no regrets about the past nine years. I will have no regrets moving forward because I take things day by day, and sometimes bad things happen, sometimes good things happen.
https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/12/GettyImages-2190033777-1734485048.jpg?resize=1920%2C1440
Source link