
Mandalay was known as the city of gold, which is spread through the Bagoda Temple and burying Buddhists, but the air in the former royal capital in Myanmar is now heading to the dead bodies.
One of the residents says that many bodies have accumulated since an earthquake of 7.7 on Friday near Mandalay, so that it should have been “burned in chimneys.”
The Myanmar military president said that the number of the earthquakes and a series of final tremors had climbed to 2700, as 4,521 were wounded and hundreds are still missing. These numbers are expected to rise.
Residents in the second most populated city say that they spent nights without sleep wandering in the streets in a state of despair while food and water supplies are diminished.
She lost the resident of Mandalay, who talked about the bodies that were “liberated in the stadiums” of her aunt in the earthquake.
The 23 -year -old, who wanted to be known as J.
The bad infrastructure and a set of civil conflicts strongly hinder relief efforts in Myanmar, where the army has a history in the suppression of national disasters. It is expected that the death toll will continue to rise, as rescuers are able to reach more collapsed buildings and cut areas.
She said that J., who lives in the Mahaunjiay area in Mandalay, was “dizzy of sleep deprivation.”
Many residents lived outside the tents – or nothing – along the streets, for fear that the remainder of their homes would not hold up in front of the final tremors.
“I have seen many people, including me, as they wandered and screaming loudly in the streets.”
But the survivors are still in the city. The firefighting service said it had saved 403 people in Mandalay in the past four days, and has regained 259 bodies. The real number of losses is believed to be much higher than the official version.
In a televised speech on Tuesday, military commander Men Ong Hulang said that the death toll could exceed 3000, but the American geological survey said on Friday that “the number of deaths is more than 10,000 is a strong possibility” based on the site and size of the earthquake.

Young children were shocked by a special disaster.
A local sponsor told the BBC that his eight -year -old son had suddenly exploded several times in the past few days, after he witnessed parts of his lives buried under the rubble in a moment.
“He was in the bedroom on the top floor when he hit the earthquake, and my wife was preparing to his younger sister, so some debris fell on him,” says Roy, who was bringing his name to his younger sister.
“Yesterday we saw bodies out of the collapsed buildings in our region,” said Roy, who lives in the Begitagon region in southern Mandalay.
“It is very cool. Myanmar has many disasters, some of which are normal, some human.

A monk who lives near Sky Villa told Amara, one of the worst buildings that were reduced from 12 to six floors at the earthquake, BBC that while some people were alive, “the dead bodies have been recovered only” in the past 24 hours.
“I hope this will end soon. There are still many (bodies) inside, I think more than a hundred,” he said.
The Holocausts near Mandalay have been flooded, while the authorities are depleted from the body bags, among other supplies, including food and drinking water.
Throughout the city, the remains of broken temples and golden towers lined up in the streets. While Mandalay used to be a major center for the production of gold leaves and a famous tourist destination, poverty has increased in the city in recent years, as with Amanmar in Myanmar (previously called Burma).

The earthquake also affected last week on Thailand and China, however Its effect was particularly devastating In Myanmar, which was destroyed by a bloody civil war, a paralyzed economy and a large -scale disappointment since the army took power in a coup in 2021.
On Tuesday, Myanmar held a minute of silence to remember the victims, part of a week of national mourning. Junta called for the signs of flying in half of the mast, the media broadcast stopped and asked the people to pay their respect.
Even before the earthquake, more than 3.5 million people were displaced inside the country.
Other thousands, Many of them are young, they fled abroad To avoid forced recruitment – this means that there are fewer people to help relief work, and to rebuild subsequent countries.
Russia and China, which helped support the Myanmar military regime, are among the countries that sent aid and specialized support.
But relief was slow, he said.
(Rescue teams) operate without stopping for four days and I think they are somewhat tired. They need some rest as well.
She said: “But since the damage was widespread, we have limited resources here, it is simply difficult for relief workers to manage this massive destruction efficiently.”

While the military council said that all assistance was welcome, some human workers have informed the challenges of accessing the areas affected by the earthquake.
Local media reported at Sagaing, where the earthquake center is located, The restrictions imposed by the military authorities This requires institutions to present the lists of volunteers and the elements they want to bring to the region.
Several rights groups, including Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International, have urged the military council to allow relief workers to immediately reach these areas.
“The Myanmar Military Council is still calling for fear, even in the wake of a horrific natural catastrophe that killed thousands,” said Brioni Lao, a deputy director of Asia in Human Rights Watch.
She said: “The Military Council needs to be separated from its horrific previous practice and ensuring that humanitarian aid quickly reaches those whose lives are at risk of an earthquake.”
The Military Council also attracted criticism to continue to open the villages on the villages even while the country is repeated from the disaster. Large parts of the epic under the control of the resistance groups.
A leader of the Popular Defense Forces (PDF)-a network of civil-supporting civil groups-LBC that the army is carrying out prominent attacks.
The rebel commander, Min Ning, who leads 300 fighters, said his forces are irresistible, claiming to respect a The ceasefire for two weeks It was announced by the opposition national unity government after the earthquake.
He said that the alliance of the three Muslim Brotherhood-which consists of three ethnic groups also opposes Junta-on Tuesday of a month’s ceasefire, to help facilitate relief efforts.
Meanwhile, the BBC Bormes reported that there were drones and air strikes in the states of Cashin and Shan.
With additional reports by Rebecca Henchki.
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/branded_news/c7af/live/bf7a20e0-0f14-11f0-b234-07dc7691c360.jpg
Source link