Man cuts innocent people at New York City Travel Center on Christmas Eve: NYPD

Photo of author

By [email protected]


A suspect was arrested after a random stabbing attack inside Grand Central subway station in New York City Christmas Eve Police said two victims were injured.

Spokesperson New York City Police Department (NYPD) Fox News Digital confirmed that Jason Sargeant, 28 years old, from Brooklyn, was arrested on charges of assaulting two random people.

On Tuesday, just before 10:15 p.m., police responded to a 911 call about an assault at the 42 Street-Grand Central subway station.

Police said a 26-year-old woman suffered a wound to her neck, while a 42-year-old man suffered a wound to his left wrist.

NYPD arrests immigrant who allegedly set a woman on fire on a subway train, watching her burn to death

Christmas Eve stabbing crime scene in New York City

New York police have arrested a suspect in connection with a Christmas Eve stabbing that left two victims injured at Grand Central subway station. (FOX 5 NYC/Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

Police said the man was the first victim and was attacked on the stairs leading to the southern entrance of the station. Sargent allegedly cut the man on his left wrist after an altercation.

Moments later, police said Sargent confronted the victim and struck her in the neck near a revolving door during a second altercation.

EMS responded and transported both victims to local hospitals.

Police said the two victims remained in stable condition.

Trump Border Czar Slams New York Governor for Promoting Subway Safety Hours After Horrific Murder: ‘Shame on You’

Crime scene in the New York City subway

Police in New York City have arrested a suspect in connection with a Christmas incident that left two people injured. (Fox 5 New York City)

Police also found a knife at the scene.

Sargent was charged with Two counts of first-degree assault, Two counts of first-degree reckless endangerment, and several counts of second-degree menacing, criminal possession of a weapon, harassment and disorderly conduct.

This attack comes just days after a woman was set on fire and burned alive On the New York City subway He trains.

Sebastín Zapeta, 33, an illegal immigrant from Guatemala, was charged with first- and second-degree murder, as well as first-degree arson.

Hours after the attack, New York Governor Kathy Hochul promoted New York City subway safety in a post on X, facing criticism for her “silent” post.

40 years before the Danielle Penny case, we were shocked by the pre-Christmas shooting of Bernhard Goetz’s subway guard.

Hochul claimed that crime has decreased on the New York City subways since she deployed the National Guard to mitigate the problem earlier this year, about eight hours after the woman was killed.

Hochul Sending 750 members of the National Guard to the subway last week in an effort to control holiday crime.

“In March, I took action to make our subways safer for the millions of people who ride the trains every day,” Hochul’s post said. “Since deploying NationalGuardNY to support @NYPDnews and MTA safety efforts and adding cameras to all subway cars, crime is down, and ridership is up,” she wrote in her post.

Formerly Fox News Digital I contacted Hochul’s office To comment on the criticism, but there was no immediate response.

Tom Homan, President-elect Trump’s new border czar, criticized Hochul on Monday during an interview on “Fox & Friends.”

“Governor Hochul, shame on you. There’s nothing you can say that will fix this in New York,” Homan said.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Homan, who recently traveled to the Big Apple to discuss illegal immigrant crime with New York City Mayor Eric Adams, placed some blame on the Biden administration for lax federal immigration policies.

“This is another example of an illegal alien killing an American citizen. It’s an almost daily occurrence now, because a historic number of criminal aliens are walking the streets, due to this administration’s sanctuary zone policy and lax immigration enforcement,” he said.

Fox News Digital’s Taylor Penley contributed to this report.

Stephenie Price is a writer for Fox News Digital and Fox Business. Tips and story ideas can be sent to [email protected]



https://static.foxnews.com/foxnews.com/content/uploads/2024/12/suspect-in-connection-to-christmas-eve-subway-attack-in-custody-.png

Source link

Leave a Comment