Flight MH370, a Boeing 777 carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members, disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014.
The Malaysian government agreed in principle to resume the search for the wreckage of the missing people Malaysia Airlines flight MH370The country’s transport minister announced, more than 10 years after her disappearance in one of the world’s biggest aviation mysteries.
The proposal to search in a new area in the southern Indian Ocean came from US-based exploration company Ocean Infinity, which also conducted the most recent search for the plane, which ended in 2018, Anthony Luke said on Friday.
“Ocean Infinity’s search proposal is a strong one and deserves consideration,” Locke told reporters. “Our responsibility, our obligation and our obligation are to the next of kin. We hope that this time will be positive, that the wreckage will be found and the matter will be brought to an end with the families.”
Flight MH370, a Boeing 777 carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew members, disappear En route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014.
Luke said Ocean Infinity would receive $70 million if the wreckage found was significant.
Malaysian investigators did not initially rule out the possibility that the plane had deliberately deviated from its course.
Investigators previously found that less than an hour into the night flight, its communications systems were turned off. Military radar then revealed that the plane had turned back MalaysiaIt surrounded the island of Penang and headed towards the northern tip of Sumatra.
About 26 countries joined the search and rescue mission that followed the disappearance, but were unable to find anything.
Weeks later, the Malaysian government announced MH370 flew until it ran out of fuelTo end its journey thousands of kilometers from Beijing, in the depths of the southern Indian Ocean.
Debris, some of which was confirmed and believed to be from the plane, washed up along the coast of Africa and on islands in the Indian Ocean.
The relatives were seeking compensation from Malaysia Airlines, Boeing, aircraft engine maker Rolls-Royce and Allianz Insurance Group, among others.
Malaysia cooperated with Ocean Infinity in 2018 to search the southern Indian Ocean, and offered to pay up to $70 million if it found the plane, but failed in two attempts.
This came after an underwater search operation conducted by Malaysia, Australia and China, which had 150 citizens on board, in an area of 120,000 square kilometers (46,332 square miles) in the southern Indian Ocean, based on data on automatic communications between the Inmarsat satellite and the aircraft. .
https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2024/12/12071636-1734682662.jpg?resize=1200%2C675
Source link