Janek Sirin revealed the decision to accept a doping ban for a period of three months quickly, although he “did not completely agree.”
The Italian kept the Australian open title in January this year. Then in February, before a three -month embargo was imposed after reaching an agreement with the World Anti -Doping Agency (WADA) after two positive tests in drugs in 2024.
“In the end, you should choose the least evil and I think this is what I did. Even if it is not fair at times, everything I live, but if you look at things from a different perspective, it may be worse. Heaven Italy.
The ban will have passed in a timely manner to play the wrong in the next four major championships, the French open in May.
The sinner will be eligible to return to his home event, The Masters 1000 in Rome on May 7.
The Italian said: “The decision to take a three -month comment was somewhat fast. We accepted it very quickly, although I did not completely agreed. There was little work with a lawyer and people around me.” “After we made this decision, it took some time to find myself again.
“But I am still here. There is still some time to digest all this, but I can’t wait until I return to Rome. It’s a special championship for me, although it will be difficult either. I will return in a moment there will be a lot of interest in it already, and in Rome is not easy.
“But let’s say that I live every day in a calm way.”
The sinner had tested positively in March 2024 because of the anabolic steroid Clostebol, before it was cleared in August by an independent court that decided that he did not blame.
And Da, who previously said that she was seeking a ban between one year and two years old, this decision appealed before the CAS Arbitration Court (CAS) in September and a subsequent hearing was set on April 16 and 17.
In the agreement reached in February, before Sinner a ban for only three months, but he insisted that the decision still affects it.
“I was very fragile after what happened,” he said. “I would like to tell a lie if I said that I was a person without feelings or emotions. In life you learn, every year I learn more about myself, and also about my value. It was not easy, and sometimes very hard, but the people around me gave me strength to understand what happened.”
It is still not sure that the other players on the round will interact with his return.
“I cannot answer this question because I don’t know what can happen,” he said. “I know how things went, I know I am innocent.
“I am calm because in the end I know what I want to do is tennis and be calm. This is the end of the story. So, I am sure everything will go well, even if it will take some time to start again. These are questions I don’t know how to answer it.”
It still goes back to the time it returns to competitive tennis.
“Why? Because I stopped doing what I always dreamed of. I am in the best position to practice this sport,” he said.
Initially, I calculated the days, but now every day it passes, with the approaching time, I feel better physically and mentally.
“Even if there is still time, it is a good opportunity for me to improve in those areas where I have difficulties, on the surface of his face. So, let’s try to do something different. We hope we have more time to try again.”
https://e0.365dm.com/25/01/1600×900/skysports-jannik-sinner-tennis_6801156.jpg?20250116121900
Source link