Medical sources say six were killed in an Israeli air strike on Khan Yunis and six others in a raid on Beit Hannon.
At least 30 Palestinians were killed in Israeli attacks throughout Gaza, according to medical sources, where the Israeli army said they had deployed land forces of the so -called “security corridor” in the southern region.
Medical sources told Al -Jazeera that at least six people were killed in an air strike against Khan Yunis in southern Gaza and six others in a raid on Beit Hannon in the north.
Israel has pushed to seize more lands in Gaza since a week -long truce in its war with Hamas was destroyed in mid -March and resumed its bombing of destroyed lands.
Israel has capacitor Her attacks since then, saying that it will continue to escalate until the Palestinian group Hamas, the Israeli prisoners who were seized during October 7, 2023, had an attack on southern Israel.
The army said on Saturday that the Israeli forces deployed in a newly created security corridor throughout the southern Gaza.
Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced earlier this week the new “Marage Corridor” and indicated that he would cut the southern city of Rafah, which Israel has forcibly sought to evacuate, from the rest of Gaza.
It was not immediately clear the number of forces that have been published, or exactly where the new corridor is.
Mouraj is the name of a Jewish settlement that was one day between Rafah and Khan Yunis, and Netanyahu suggested that it would continue between cities.
The maps published by the Israeli media showed that the corridor that runs the width of the narrow coastal strip from east to west.
Earlier on Saturday, Hamas’s armed wing released a video clip of two Israeli prisoners in Gaza, spoke to the camera and described how they survived an alleged Israeli blow.
The Israeli campaigns group, the hostage forum and the missing family forum, issued a statement confirming that the Maxim Herkin family has identified it as one of the leaks in the video. The Herkin family urged the media not to publish the video.
The Israeli media was named the second prisoner in the name of the Israeli soldier Coperstin.
The two men were transferred from the Nova Music Festival and were transferred to Gaza during the Hamas attack led by October 7 on Israel, which killed at least 1139 people, according to the Al -Jazeera outlet based on Israeli statistics.
Fifty -eight prisoners remain in Gaza, including 34 who the Israeli army says died.
During the six -week ceasefire, which ended with Israel’s resumption of air strikes in Gaza on March 18, the fighters handed over more than 33 prisoners, eight of them were killed.
Israel’s military response to the October 7 attack killed at least 50,669 people in Gaza, and most of them are civilians, according to figures from the Ministry of Health in the region that the United Nations is reliable.
The United Nations said that at least 100 children have been killed or injured every day in Gaza since the resumption of strikes.
“Nothing justifies the killing of children,” Philip Lazarini, head of the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNRWA), posted on X on Saturday.
Triple meeting
As part of the diplomatic efforts to obtain a truce in Gaza, French President Emmanuel Macron said on Saturday that he would hold a tripartite summit on the situation in Gaza with Egyptian President Abdel Fattah Al -Sisi and King Abdullah II.
Macron wrote at X before his journey: “In response to a state of emergency in Gaza and during my visit to Egypt in inviting President Sisi, we will hold a triple summit with the Egyptian President and the King of Jordan.”
It is expected that the French president in Cairo will be on Sunday evening, where he will hold talks with his Egyptian counterpart on Monday morning.
The triple summit will be held on the same day in the Egyptian capital, according to Macron Office.
On Tuesday, Macron will also visit the Egyptian port of the Arish, 50 km (30 miles), west of Gaza, to meet workers in the field of humanity and security and show his “continuous mobilization in favor of the ceasefire.”
El-Arish is a crossing point for international aid for Gaza.
https://www.aljazeera.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/04/AA-20250405-37545484-37545483-DAILY_LIFE_IN_GAZA-1743881845.jpg?resize=1920%2C1440
Source link