Israel to expand military operations and seize “large areas” from Gaza

Photo of author

By [email protected]


Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz says that the army will expand its operation in Gaza and consume “large areas” of the region – which combines them in what he described as “security areas.”

In a statement on Wednesday, Katz said that the expanded operation It aims to “destroy and purify the terrorists and terrorist infrastructure,” and will require widespread evacuation of the Palestinians.

This comes after local hospitals were killed at least 15 Palestinians in the region overnight.

There were reports on extensive Israeli air strikes and bombing along the borders of Egypt, and there is an increasing feeling that the new major Israeli attack is waving on the horizon in Gaza.

This week, the Israeli army ordered an estimated 140,000 people in Rafah to leave their homes and issued new evacuation orders for parts of northern Gaza.

Israel has already expanded a buffer zone around the edge of Gaza over the course of the war, and seized control of a corridor of land through its center.

Israel launched its renewed attack in Gaza on March 18, and blamed Hamas for rejecting a new American proposal to extend the ceasefire and liberate 59 hostages who are still detained in Gaza.

In turn, Hamas accused Israel of violating the original deal in January.

The hostage and families forum in Israel said they are “surrounded by waking up” on the news of the expanded military operation. In a statement, the group urged the Israeli government to give priority to secure the issuance of all hostages who are still detained in Gaza.

In his statement, which announced plans to seize more lands, Katz also urged Ghazan to act to remove Hamas and free Israeli hostages, without suggesting how to do so.

The humanitarian situation has exacerbated Gaza in recent weeks, as Israel refused to allow assistance in the Gaza Strip since March 2 – the longest blockage since the war began.

Last month, the United Nations announced that it reduces its operations in Gaza, one day after eight Palestinian paramedics, and six respondents for civil defense and the United Nations employee He was killed by the Israeli forces in southern Gaza.

The Israeli army launched a campaign to destroy Hamas in response to an unprecedented attack across the border on October 7, 2023, where about 1,200 people were killed and 251 grooves were taken.

More than 50399 people were killed in Gaza during the war that followed, according to the Hamas -running Ministry of Health.



https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/branded_news/0d72/live/8ee14a20-0f8d-11f0-b234-07dc7691c360.jpg

Source link

Leave a Comment