prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu It was announced on Wednesday Israel It creates a new security corridor across Gaza The country also said that it intends to seize large areas of Palestinian territories and launched a wave of strikes that Palestinian officials said that more than 40 people were killed.
In a statement, Netanyahu described the new corridor as the Morge Corridor, using the name of a Jewish settlement that one day stood between Rafah and Khan Yunis, indicating that he would run between the southern cities.
Israel pledged to escalate the war, which lasted approximately 18 months with Hamas, so that the armed group will return dozens of remaining hostages, remove them and leave the region. Israel ended the ceasefire in March and imposed over one month on all imports of food, fuel and humanitarian assistance.
Netanyahu said: “We increase the pressure step by step, so that it gives us our hostages. The more they do not give, the more pressure until they do,” Netanyahu said.
Israeli Defense Minister Israel Katz said in a statement that the attack is now aiming to “seize large areas that will be added to the security areas,” without a situation. Israel controls a buffer zone along the entire border of Gaza and recently ordered the full evacuation of the southern city of Rafiha.

In the north of Gaza, an Israeli air strike hit a United Nations building in the Gabbalean Refugee Camp, killing 15 people, including nine children and a woman, according to Indonesian Hospital. The Israeli army said it hit Hamas fighters in a command and control center.
The building, which was previously a clinic, was converted into a shelter for the displaced, with more than 700 residing there, according to Juliet Toma, a spokeswoman for the United Nations Refugee Agency, the main relief provider in Gaza. None of the United Nations employees was hurt.
She said that UN employees have warned people against the dangers of staying there after a strike on Wednesday, but many chose to stay, “simply because they have no place at all.”
The United Nations says that most Gaza is a “do not give up” area
More than 60 % of Gaza is the “non -transportation” area due to Israeli evacuation orders, according to Olaga Chevco, a spokesman for the United Nations Humanitarian Aid Office. Hundreds of thousands of people live in Qarara tent camps along the coast or in the ruins of their destroyed homes.

Get national news
As for the news that affects Canada and around the world, he participated in the urgent news alerts that were delivered directly when it occurs.
Katz, the Minister of Defense, called on the residents of Gaza to “expel Hamas and return all hostages,” saying, “This is the only way to end the war.”
On Sunday, Netanyahu said that Israel is planning to maintain comprehensive security control over Gaza after the war and implement President Donald Trump’s proposal to resettle many of its residents elsewhere through what the Israeli leader refers to as “voluntary immigration”.

The Palestinians rejected this plan, as they saw that it was expelled from their homeland after the Israeli attack left many of them uninterrupted, and human rights experts say that the implementation of the plan is likely to violate international law.
Hamas said that it will issue only 59 hostages – 24 of whom believe they are alive – in exchange for launching more Palestinian prisoners, a permanent ceasefire and Israeli withdrawal. The group rejected the demands that it put its arms or leave the region.
The decision to resume the war has resulted in feeding the protests in Israel, where many hostages are afraid of extreme danger and calling for a ceasefire and exchange with Hamas.
The hostage family, which represents the families of most of the prisoners, said that they are “surrounded by waking up this morning to announce the Minister of Defense on the expansion of military operations in Gaza.”
The group called on the Trump administration, which received the credit for the ceasefire, but supported Israel’s decision to end it, to do everything possible to liberate the remaining prisoners.
The group said: “Our highest priority must be an immediate deal to return all hostages home – living for rehabilitation and those who were killed for the correct burial – and ending this war.”

In addition to the 15 who were killed in northern Gaza, Israeli air strikes were killed overnight until Wednesday 28 other people across the region, according to local hospitals. Nasser Hospital in the southern city of Khan Yunis said that the dead included five women, one of them is pregnant and two children.
Israel says it only targets the militants and is doing their best to renew civilians, and to blame Hamas for their death because the militants are working in the densely populated areas.
The war began when gunmen led by Hamas, southern Israel, attacked on October 7, 2023, killing about 1,200 people, most of them civilians, and took 251 hostages, most of whom have been released since the ceasefire agreements and other deals. Israel saved eight live hostages and regained dozens of bodies.
The Israeli attack killed more than 50,000 Palestinians, according to the Ministry of Health in Gaza, which does not say whether these dead were civilians or fighters. Israel says it has killed about 20,000 fighters, without providing evidence.
The war left vast areas of Gaza in the rubble, and at its peak, about 90 % of the population were displaced.
I mentioned Sharf from Jerusalem. The Associated Press Elena Pay Batorus in Athens, Greece; Bassem MROUE in Beirut; Sam Midnik contributed to Tel Aviv, Israel, in this report.
And copied 2025 Canadian press
https://globalnews.ca/wp-content/uploads/2025/04/11aee9f96af6bdb5dd27b1fb9ec3a61093a5977c50498d2e1538280b607b84e9_4c70de.jpg?quality=85&strip=all&w=720&h=379&crop=1
Source link