The Israeli army admitted on Saturday that the initial accounts of the forces involved in the killing last month of 15 people in southern Gaza – who said the United Nations said that the paramedics and rescue workers – were “partially” wrong.
The evaluation, which was shared with a briefing with the correspondents by an Israeli military official, came the next day video The New York Times seems to contradict the previous version of the army. The official spoke on the condition that his identity is not disclosed under the army’s bases.
The Israeli military official said that the internal investigation of the attack, which attracted international scrutiny and conviction, was continuing.
The official said that the forces from the Reserve Infantry Brigade were to revive the journalists on Saturday night regarding the preliminary results of the army, that the forces from the Reserve Infantry Brigade were lying in an ambush along a road to the north of the city of Rafah in Ghazan in the pre -dawn hours of March 23, and at four in the morning, what he described as two security employees in Hamas and detained them third.
After two hours, when the dawn was broken, a convoy of ambulances and a fire truck approached the same place. The official said that the Israeli forces were still on the ground and received a report from a surveillance plane stating that the convoy was moving towards them. When rescue workers arrived and left their cars, the forces believed that more Hamas agents had arrived and opened fire on vehicle occupations from afar.
The Israeli army had previously confirmed, repeatedly and wrongly, that the vehicles were “progressively advanced” towards the forces “without headlights or emergency signals.
The video obtained by the Times shows that the ambulances that are close to it and the fire trucks were clearly defined and that they were the lights of their emergency signal when the Israeli forces hit them with a door of shooting.
On Saturday, official official correspondents did not provide an explanation of the contradiction, other than saying that the first account of the forces on the ground was “wrong”.
The military official said that Israel believes that at least six out of 15 Hamas agents, but it did not immediately provide any evidence, noting the secret nature of the intelligence work included in the identification process. In recent days, the army has repeatedly confirmed that nine of the dead were militants belonging to Hamas and Islamic Jihad.
Red Crescent, International Committee for Red Cross The United Nations has already said that all the dead were human workers who should not have been attacked.
On March 30, rescue teams found 15 bodies, most of them in a shallow mass grave along with broken ambulances And a car bearing the United Nations logo. The video obtained by the Times was discovered on the mobile phone of a paramedic found in this collective grave.
The Israeli official declined to comment on whether any of the dead had been armed. He said that Hamas agents in Gaza do not wear military uniforms often and that Israel has seen them thinking as civilians, hiding in hospitals and school buildings.
the Murder operations She drew international scrutiny since she lost 15 people for the first time. The United Nations and the Palestinian Red Crescent Society said that relief workers had not carried weapons and did not pose any threat. The head of the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, Dr. Younis Al -Khatib, said that the bodies were “targeted from a very close distance.”
The officials of the Red Crescent Society in Palestine said last week that ambulances were launched at about 3:30 am on March 23 to evacuate Palestinian civilians who were injured in the Israeli circumstance, but an ambulance and its crew were injured on the road.
The United Nations said that several other ambulances and a fire truck went to the scene over the next few hours to save them, according to the association, as a United Nations car did. Seventeen people were sent in total, including 10 red crescent workers, six emergency respondents from the Civil Defense in Gaza and one was a United Nations worker.
The Red Crescent said that one of the doctors was still missing and that the Israeli forces had been detained by one, then it was later released.
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2025/04/06/world/05int-IDF-inquiry/05int-IDF-inquiry-facebookJumbo.png
Source link