Hundreds of thousands of Palestinians flee after Israel captured his shelf as part of a new “security zone”

Photo of author

By [email protected]


Hundreds of thousands of Ghazan’s escape sought shelter on Thursday in one of the largest mass displacement operations for the war, as Israeli forces advanced in the ruins of the city of Rafah, which is part of a newly announced “security zone” that they intend to seize.

A day after announcing their intention to capture severe areas of crowded pocket, the Israeli forces pushed the city on the southern edge of Gaza, which was a last shelter for people who flee from other areas in most of the war.

The Ministry of Health in Gaza has reported at least 97 people killed in Israeli strikes during the past 24 hours, including at least 20 in an air strike around the dawn in the Shujaya suburb of Gaza City.

Later on Thursday, local health authorities said that an Israeli air strike had killed at least 20 Palestinians, including women and children, inside a school building that was a shelter for the displaced families in Gaza City.

The paramedic said that three missiles were criticized in the building of the Dar Al -Qaq School in the Tuwah neighborhood in Gaza City, and the Israeli army said that it struck a command center used by the militants to plan and carry out attacks against Israeli civilians and the army. No evidence was provided.

People pray on seven bodies in a white shroud.
The Palestinians pray the bodies of relatives who were killed in an Israeli air strike on Thursday, at the Baptist Hospital in Gaza City. (Jehad Alshrafi/Associated Press)

“I have been eliminated.”

“They knock on the remaining houses and property,” said the man who refused to identify him for fear of the repercussions.

After a strike, many people were killed in Khan Yunis, Adel Abu Fires was checking the damage to his tent.

“Did you leave anything for us? Nothing left for us. We were killed during sleep,” he said.

The assault on the arrest of its ravage is a major escalation in the war, which was restarted by Israel last month after the effective ceasefire since January has been abandoned.

Gazan fears permanent displacement

Israel has not spoiled its long -term targets of the security zone now captured. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the forces were taking an area described by the “Morge axis”, referring to a pre -emptive Israeli settlement once between the sofa and Khan Yunis.

Gazan, who returned to the houses in the rubble, was now ordered during the ceasefire to escape societies on the northern and southern edges of the tape.

They are afraid that the intention of Israel is to reduce these areas indefinitely, and leave hundreds of thousands of people permanently homeless in one of the poorest and most crowded areas on earth. The security zone includes some of the last agricultural lands in Gaza and the infrastructure of critical water.

Because the first stage of the ceasefire ended at the beginning of March without any approval to prolong its supply, Israel imposed a total number of goods that reach 2.3 million people in Gaza, with re -creation of what international organizations describe as a humanitarian catastrophe after weeks of relative calm.

A woman walks along a dirt road with her children.
The Palestinians are on their way with their property as they flee from their homes on Thursday after the Israeli army issued evacuation orders in the suburb of Shujayia in Gaza City. (Mahmoud Issa/Reuters)

Israel’s goal since the beginning of the war was to destroy the Hamas militant group, which has been running Gaza for nearly two decades.

But with no effort to create an alternative administration, Hamas -led police returned to the streets during the ceasefire. The fighters are still carrying 59 hostages, which Israel says should be delivered to extend the truce. Hamas says it will be liberated only according to the end of the war.

The war began with an attack led by Hamas on Israeli societies on October 7, 2023, as gunmen killed 1,200 people and took more than 250 hostages, according to the Israelis. Gaza health authorities say that the retaliation of Israel has so far killed more than 50,000 Palestinians.

Israeli leaders say they encouraged the signs of protest in Gaza against Hamas, where hundreds of people appear in the north of Beit Lahiya on Wednesday opposition to the war and demanding the formation of Hamas. Hamas calls on collaborators with the demonstrators and says Israel is behind them.

Most of the residents of Rafah ordered the evacuation

Rafah residents said that most of the local population followed Israel to leave, as Israeli strikes overthrew the buildings there. But a strike on the main road between Khan Yunis and Rafraf stopped most of the movement between the two cities.

Residents said that the movement of people and the traffic along the western coastal road near a mauar was also limited due to the bombing.

Bassem, a resident of Rafah, who refused to give the second name, said: “Others remained because they do not know where they go, or are tired of displacement several times. We are afraid that they will be killed or at best detainees.”

Watch | The ongoing Israeli attacks in some relief agencies continue to reduce a fingerprint:

Israeli air strikes that struck the hospital, killed dozens in Gaza

The Palestinian health authorities said that the Israeli air strikes at Nasser Hospital in the damaged Gaza and killed at least 65 people in a period of 24 hours. Continuous attacks led some relief agencies to reduce a fingerprint in the area.

The markets have been emptied and the prices of basic necessities have increased in light of the total siege in Israel, food, medicine and fuel.

The Palestinian Ministry of Health, which is located in the West Bank occupied by Israel, but has a nominal authority for hospitals in Gaza, said that the entire health care system in Gaza was at risk of collapse.



https://i.cbc.ca/1.7500787.1743695003!/cpImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_1180/aptopix-israel-palestinians.jpg?im=Resize%3D620

Source link

Leave a Comment