The video shows relief workers who were killed in Gaza under the barrel of shooting, with ambulances

Photo of author

By [email protected]


A video of a video showed that was discovered on the mobile phone of a paramedic who found it with 14 other relief workers in a group cemetery in Rafah in Ghazan in late March, and obtained it from the New York Times, that ambulances and fire truck in which they were traveling were clearly noticeable and had their emergency signal lights when the Israeli forces hit it with a bar of shooting.

Officials from the Palestinian Red Crescent Society said at a press conference on Friday at the United Nations, which was moderated by the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Communities Union that they had provided recordings for about seven minutes to the United Nations Security Council.

Israeli military spokesman, Lieutenant Colonel Nadaf Shoshani, He said earlier this week The Israeli forces did not “randomly attack” an ambulance, but many vehicles were identified “suspicious” without the headlights or emergency signals towards the Israeli forces, which led them to shoot. Colonel Shoshani said earlier this week that nine of the dead were Palestinian militants. Israel did not immediately respond to a request to comment on the video.

The video got the video from a great diplomat at the United Nations who asked not to recognize that you are able to share sensitive information.

The Times check the video and timing of the video. It was filmed from what appears to be the front part of a moving car, and a convoy of ambulances and a fire truck shows clearly characterized the headlights and flashing lamps, and headed south on Road to the north of Rafah Early morning. The first sunlight can be seen, and birds are the crack.

The convoy stopped when a vehicle vehicle vehicle faced the road – one ambulance was sent earlier to help the wounded civilians and was attacked. The new rescue vehicles moved next to the road.

Rescue workers were seen, at least two of them were wearing an official uniform, leaving a fire truck and a special ambulance in the Red Crescent logo and approaching the ambulance that went out of the track to the side.

Then, intense shooting sounds erupt.

A barrage was seen from gunshots and hears in the video that hits the caravan.

Camera shakes, and the video oppresses. But the sound lasts for five minutes, and the RAT-A-Tat sound does not stop shooting. A man says in Arabic that there are Israelis present at the scene.

The video of the paramedics on the video is heard, over and over again, degree, Or declaring a Muslim faith, which people read when facing death. “There is no god but God, Muhammad is His Messenger,” he hears the paramedic. God asks for forgiveness and says that he knows that he will die.

He said: “Forgive me, my mother. This is the way I chose – to help people.” “God is great God says.

In the background, a noise of voices can be heard from relief workers and soldiers screaming in Hebrew in each other. It was not clear what they were saying exactly.

Nabeul Farzakh, a spokeswoman for the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, said in an interview from the city of Ramallah in the West Bank that the paramedic who filmed the video was later found with a bullet in his head in the collective cemetery. The United Nations diplomat said that his name has not been revealed yet because he has relatives living in Gaza who are concerned about Israeli revenge.

At the press conference, which was held at the United Nations headquarters, the head of the Palestinian Red Crescent Society, Dr. Younis Al-Khatib, and his deputy, Marwan Gilani, told the reporters that the evidence collected by society-in that video and sound of the accident, and the sexual exam of the bodies-Sanad, Israel. A copy of the events

The death of relief workers, who disappeared for the first time on March 23, has scattered and condemned international in recent days. The United Nations and the Palestinian Red Halm said that relief workers do not carry weapons and did not pose a threat.

“Their bodies have been targeted from a very close distance,” said Dr. Khatib. “They knew exactly where they were because they killed them,” he said. “Their colleagues were in torment, and their families were in torment. They kept us for eight days in the dark.”

It took five days after the rescue vehicles were attacked and silent, for the United Nations and the red threat to negotiate with the Israeli army for the safe passage to search for missing persons. On Sunday, rescue teams found 15 bodies, most of them in a shallow mass grave along with broken ambulances And a car bearing the United Nations logo.

The area where the convoy stopped in the video was taken in the image of a satellite a few hours later and analyzed by the Times. At that point, the five ambulances and the fire truck were transported from the road and gathered together.

Two days later, a new satellite image showed the area that the vehicles were apparently buried. Next to the turbulent land there are three Israeli military bulldozers and a fossil. In addition, the bulldozers set up dirt barriers on the road in both directions of the mass grave.

Dr. Khatib said that one of the Palestinian Red Crescent members is still missing and Israel did not say whether he was detained or killed.

Dr. Ahmed Rez, a criminal doctor who examined some of the bodies at Nasser Hospital in Gaza, Four of the five relief workers who studied them were killed by several gunshots, including wounds in the head, trunk, chest and joints. The United Nations and Red Crescent Society said that one of the paramedics employees in the Red Crescent in the convoy were detained and then released by the Israeli army and presented a tall narration of Israeli military fire in ambulances.

Dylan Winer, representative of the International Red Cross Communities and the Red Crescent Society, described the incident as anger and said it was a bloody attack on Red Cross and Red Cross workers anywhere in the world since 2017.

Volcker Turk, the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, told the council that an independent investigation should be conducted in the killing of Israel’s relief workers and that the incident raises “more concerns about war crimes by the Israeli army.”

Neil Collerand Sanjana Vargiz and Efratar Livni The reports contributed. Natalie Renault Contribute to the video editing.



https://static01.nyt.com/images/2025/04/04/autossell/04-aid-worker-video-still/04-aid-worker-video-still-facebookJumbo.jpg

Source link

Leave a Comment