A Trump administration’s federal judge ordered the return of a Maryland man who was accidentally deported to a prison in El Salvador.
Kilmar Abugo Garcia, who was expelled last month alongside hundreds of alleged gang members, must be returned to the United States no later than Monday.
The United States for Migration and Customs (ICE) said in a file of the recent court that the deportation of Mr. Garcia was a “administrative mistake”. The immigration judge granted him legal protection from deportation in 2019.
The White House claimed that Mr. Garcia is a member of the MS-13 gang, but his lawyer argued that there is no evidence to prove the gangs.
Mr. Garcia is one of 238 Venezuelane and 23 Silvadorians who were deported to the Trump administration to the huge bad Salvador, CECOT Center, claiming that they are members of the gangs.
But the lawyer of Mr. Garcia, Simon Sandoval-Mushchengg, argued that his client was not accused of a crime in any country and refused to accuse the gang. He said that his removal from the United States is illegal.
“This was the equivalent of forced expulsion,” said Mr. Sandoval Mishnberg.
Ice officials said that the deportation of Mr. Garcia was a “administrative mistake” and “supervision”, but they did not try to resolve the matter.
Judge Shinis described the deportation of Mr. Garcia as a “illegal act” when she was issued on Friday. She said he should be returned on Monday.
“Congress said that you cannot do this, and I did so anyway,” she told the lawyer of the Ministry of Justice.
The Trump administration stood in addition to its deportation and criticized the judges as political motives.
In a post on X, White House Chief of Staff Stephen Miller referred to Judge Shinis as “Marxi”, who “now thinks she is the President of El Salvador.”
“We suggest that the judge call President Boulacly because we are not aware of the judge who has power or authority over the country of El Salvador,” said White House press secretary Caroline Levitte.
This week, Vice Vice President JD Vance said that the Democrats who criticized the Trump administration “came out of the deep end, and they must return to reality.”
The Ministry of Internal Security argued that the court does not have a jurisdiction of the return of Mr. Garcia, because it is not in the American nursery, but El Salvador.
But the lawyer for the US Department of Justice, Erez Revini, who represented the government in the court on Friday, admitted to cases with the deportation of Mr. Garcia. He said he was “frustrated” because there are no answers that he was able to provide.
The government lawyer admitted that it was not possible to remove Mr. Garcia.
Judge Shinis said: “There is no order to hold it. There is no statement for a possible reason.” “What is the actual document that started this process?”
“He does not have this. He is not in the registry.”
The lawyer for the Ministry of Justice indicated that, in his opinion, “the government has taken an option here to produce any evidence,” adding that this “the absence of evidence speaks for itself.”
The family of Mr. Garcia, including his wife, Jennifer Vasquiz, Surat – an American citizen – was calling for his release since he was deported in mid -March.
The lady told Surah the correspondents that she had not spoken to her husband since the American authorities took him.
Mr. Garcia’s lawyer said that the Trump administration’s allegations could not be returned that his client was “bright.”
“They come before this court and say:” We have not tried anything and we are all outside the options. “
The case has sparked criticism from Democrats, who accused the immigration authorities of Trump for overcoming due legal procedures.
“They confessed to a mistake and urged them to correct it.”
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/1024/branded_news/df38/live/c9a55f70-118b-11f0-9c0d-3d00dc5c90d6.jpg
Source link