The 75 -day TIKTOK sale date, as Trump pledges to work with China

Photo of author

By [email protected]


US President Donald Trump has extended to a 75 -day deadline for the Chinese technology company to sell American assets to apply the famous short video Tiktok to a non -Credit buyer or face a ban that was supposed to have entered into January by 2024 law.

“The deal requires more work to ensure the signing of all the necessary approvals,” Trump said on social media, explaining the reason for extending the deadline set in January, which was supposed to end on Saturday. “We hope to continue working in good faith with China, which I understand is not very happy with our mutual definitions.”

China is now facing a 54 percent tariff for the goods that were imported to the United States after Trump announced that he was holding it by 34 percent this week, prompting China to take revenge on Friday. Trump said he will be ready to reduce the customs tariffs on China to get a deal with Bytedance to sell the application used by 170 million Americans.

Trump said his administration was in contact with four different groups about the potential Tiktok deal. He did not know them.

There is a large group of obstacles to any deal of American Tiktok business is the approval of the Chinese government. China did not say a public commitment to allow sale, and suggested that Trump’s comments be renewed by the Chinese opposition.

“We look forward to working with Tiktok and China to close the deal,” Trump wrote on Friday. “We don’t want to” oppress, “Trump added.

Watch | Sask. Shatheer affecting the Tiktok ban, before the shutdown in January:

The Sandwich Saskaton Sandwich influence

Congress approved this procedure last year with the support of the overwhelming parties, as legislators indicated the risk of Chinese government Tiktok to spy on Americans and carry out secret impacts. Then President Joe Biden fell into the law.

Some legislators said that Trump should implement the law, which required Tiktok to stop working by January 19 unless the bytedance complements assets of American application assets.

Trump started his second term as president on January 20 and chose not to be imposed.

The Ministry of Justice previously told Apple and Google that it would not implement the law, which led them to restore the application for new downloads.

The new Trump command will determine the mid -June deadline for a deal.

Reuters reported that the White House’s conversations about the future of Tijook are about a plan for the largest non -Chinese investor in the parent company to increase their shares and gain American application operations.

The plan requires an American entity spinning for Tiktok and reduce Chinese ownership in new business to less than the 20 percent threshold required by American law, and save the application from an American ban waving on the horizon, as Reuters sources told.

Reuters reported that the G’s Yas Suskahna International Group and the Atlantic General from Bill Ford, both of whom are a representative of the Board of Directors by Bytedance, are leading discussions with the White House.

The ABC News reporter on social media said Walmart is also considering joining a group of investors in a deal for Tiktok. The great retail seller, who expressed his interest in investing in Tiktok in 2020, did not respond immediately to Reuters request for comment.

Tiktok did not immediately respond to the comment.



https://i.cbc.ca/1.7500287.1743624565!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_1180/tiktok-trump.jpg?im=Resize%3D620

Source link

Leave a Comment